The fourth annual Vancouver Orphan Kittens Rescue Association walk is this Sunday, 10:00am at 1300 Discovery St, Vancouver (Jericho Beach). Pet Connection Magazine will be out showing their support and you can too.
VOKRA is a no-kill, non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue of cats in the Lower Mainland. Run entirely by volunteers, they rely on community donations and adoption fees to pay for quality food, litter, and medical bills for the abandoned cats and kittens that they rescue.
Their goal for this years walk is to raise $50,000 and it is super easy to participate. You can register today at eventbrite.ca.
What to do:
1. CHOOSE the VOKRA cat you’d like to walk for. Read their bios here on the VOKRA website.
2. REGISTER for the walk at eventbrite.ca.
3. COLLECT DONATIONS – through your own personalized CanadaHelps GivingPage or our paper pledge form. Here are the instructions for GivingPage setup or email email@example.com and they will do it for you!
4. WALK with us on September 22rd. it’s a relaxing 5 km stroll along Jericho beach – to the dog park and back.
5. CELEBRATE the difference you’ve made in the lives of Lower Mainland cats and kittens.
How it helps:
$2 – will feed a cat for a day
$15 will provide a vaccine
$60 will buy a trap for use in our trap-neuter-return programmes
$100 will spay/neuter a cat